View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 05:10 PM   #6
Pinchecharlie

Re: Carb advice wanted

Yeah that's it, when I try to adjust the idle screws with vacum gauge and set idle speed ect...the adjustment screws do nothing at all ? I googled it and did what edlbrock said but it did nothing and or I didn't fix it. To be fair I didn't pull the carb and really go through it. Oh jeez the timing is set around 32 total? Initial maybe 14? I can't remember and I am a novice engine tuner. I t has been awhile since I'd done any tune stuff and I had to refresh my memory . I remember setting it as recommended but I dunno about elevation. We're at 5200 here in Bozeman. Engine starts real hard too and it bogs down from idle to wot but only under load? So it's hard to start(choke helps a bit), it will idle real nice and rev real nice in park and it bogs and stumbles under load from rolling to wot but runs well with minimal throttle like no major throttle change? Well now iam embarassed because i have a tune issue and i was just going to buy parts!! I used a good light, vacum gauge and a external tach but no replacing experience. Hmmm what a ya think?
Pinchecharlie is offline   Reply With Quote