View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 01:54 PM   #11
Pinchecharlie

Re: Carb advice wanted

Wow thanks guys that great advice and a very nice offer on carbs! So today's ny 50th b-day and my gift is working on the truck Lol! So I dug in there and had some obvious problems. One the chock cable didn't allow it to return properly? Had a little vacum port thing that was loose and the throttle linkage is a mess. So I pulled it all off and will start to fix stuff. The manifold is a stock looking piece and I am really wanting a aluminum one as a treat and because I wanna have all the stuff match up ? I'll post some pics. Also the manifold and carb gasket don't look like a match but I dunno enough to say. I'll post some pics. Thanks I am having fun and it's going good (no jinks) good news is I pulled the valve covers for the first time expecting the worse and the heads/valves springs/rockers ect look new! Hooray (for nuow anyway. Thanks again fellas I appreciate it!
First pic is the vacum port ,it had a loop of those around 2 ports and a connection to tranny (350 turbo) the entire connection was floppy loose at manifold base. What's the vacum actuate at the tranny?
2 is the gasket/mounting surface you get it. This look right?
3 rd is just a dirty carb but just in case somebody sees something I'll post it.
Attached Images

Pinchecharlie is offline   Reply With Quote