View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 08:15 PM   #23
Pinchecharlie

Re: Carb advice wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Parrot View Post
If that carb was sitting directly on top of that gasket in pic 2 post #11, your idle problem is likely found. You need a gasket that matches the 4 holes in your carb. Looks like someone improvised a bad substitute for the adapter plate you need between a spreadbore Q-jet type of manifold and the squarebore 1405.

As for the cleaner bucket, as long the cleaner is for carbs dunk away. A used toothbrush makes a good cleaning brush.

While is it apart, check out what jets, rods and spring color you have.

Possible that manifold port gizmo was off an emission engine with extra vacuum gizmos to hook up. The loop just plugged up the unneeded ports. The line to the transmission helps the transmission pick shift points.
Well I read, 1405 is for performance and 1406 economy. So the main jets and secondary jets as well as rod and spring are bigger base line in the 1405 than 06. Also the altitude calibration according to edlbrock should be 3 times leaner. So I'll get a lot and change all that stuff this week. Yeah I thought the manifold/gasket/adapter looked real wrong. Well I am just going to through money at it and order a new manifold meant for the carb. Also read that the fuel pressure was important too so **** what a mess. Good news is I don't have to rebuild the engine! So new manifold new regulator, re calibrate the carb for economy/altitude and drain/clean tank new lines from tank a couple filters and new linkage have and choke and **** o dear I have a new fuel system and all for under a grand lol! Should just buy a new carb too! Thanks and if you have any ideas I am all ears
Pinchecharlie is offline   Reply With Quote