View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #41
kizer
Its Deja Vu time again

Re: Kizer and his 65 here

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot 6 feet eleven View Post
dang!! lookin good !!!!!! i see you are motivated thanks for the update keep up the good work

wowwowowowowwowowoww
Its slow and probably really boring to most since its really boring progress, but being limited with tools, skills and money I'm more or less just putting along. I figure if I spend time on it, it will turn out clean and in the end I can really say I did it all. I've spent more time researching than anything. Do I use this, should I use that.

I would of loved to take it completely apart, but my luck I would forget how things go back together. With the rear sorta done I can either start in the bed or move all the stuff off the front into the bed and come back to the bed. The front is going to be discusting. I saw the build up on the frame and control arms. Man that junk has to be at least an inch thick.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do to the motor, which is a 250. I need to pull the plugs and give it a compression test first I suppose. Either way all the gaskets need to be replaced along with the carb. I'd really like to go with a split exhaust manifold and go with a few carbs and keep it old school hot rod looking.