View Single Post
Old 06-18-2019, 04:36 PM   #3
shifty
Questionable

Re: 1997 - 1998 rag joint worn

Another edit ... just so I'm not misinforming anyone, as you can see here, GM definitely has a screw-up in their parts catalog. I ordered the replacement shaft assembly (26034521) yesterday per their diagram and went to pick it up today... and I got (the top) part #6 in the diagram here instead because I didn't see the part numbers were the same. Me and the internet parts guy at the dealership were both scratching our head.

Got home while parts guy is trying to figure it out and looked at the catalog again. Damn catalog has the same part number for two different parts!! And I checked several Chevy Parts sites, same thing.

So now I'm on the hunt to find which part is correct, shaft assembly including the rag joint and rag joint cover.

Looks like Dorman 425-185 Coupling Steering Shaft or NAPA part# NPS 70185 is the assembly I need but daaaaamn that's expensive!! They show that's a replacement for GM 26033170 so I think that's maybe the correct part. Part is discontinued, naturally, if that's the correct one (Murphy's law!)
Attached Images

I can't check the forum daily. If I don't reply to you within 24 hours, drop me a PM! I'm (hopefully) still alive and will reply faster to a PM.

Last edited by shifty; 06-19-2019 at 11:30 PM.
shifty is offline   Reply With Quote