View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 10:07 PM   #18
clemsonteg

Re: High build primer and block sanding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Stomper View Post
I'm missing your point in using plastic dip at All? I know what plasti dip is too.
You're right that new paint gasses off but I don't know about a safe time interval.

Why not just paint it the colour you want in the first place?

Not being rude....just confused.
No worries, I didn't take it as rude. I know you are probably familiar with plastidip, but for anyone that comes across this thread that isn't, I'm not talking about spray cans of flat black from the auto parts store or canisters to re-do a screwdriver handle from the home center. This is real spray equipment and gallons of sprayable product formulated to be a removable automotive coating.

The point in using plastidip is for paint protection (2 little boys with lots of toys and bicycles in the same garage as the truck), the versatility and low cost to change colors, designs, etc., the opportunity to do something different but not permanent (in case it's a disaster), and lastly (and probably most important) I'm still not sure what I want for a final paint scheme or design!

This is a truck that I plan to keep around for a long time. A truck that hopefully my boys will learn to wrench on and if they are truly interested, maybe a truck we can paint together (maybe I will have it figured out by then).
clemsonteg is offline   Reply With Quote