View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 10:01 AM   #533
smbrouss70

Re: Ratchet's Blazer - 1970 2wd with Original paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chulisohombre View Post
That sucks. But most companies will make goid on it. They definitely had a subpar piece of metal there. If it was hardened correctly it wouldn’t do that.
Everybody that has seen the axle itself or the picture of it thinks the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gringoloco View Post
Hm, did he even see the picture? I’d ship it back under the agreement that it’s on their dime, once they find that there is porosity in that area, which it definitely appears to be. Wonder if they will buy you a set from Currie That sucks, but I guess I know who to avoid when the time comes...
No, he didn't seem interested enough to even want to look at a picture, but I've taken care of that, see below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
That is disheartening. About every time I’ve encountered a situation like that, it is because a lower level employee was doing what they thought they should do, even though leadership has set a different direction. I would go higher in the organization, as you suggested doing, to give them an opportunity to make it right. Good luck!
I agree, I have sent an email to every address I could find @moserengineering.com to include every possible version that I could think of for President Rob Moser's email address. Only one of those possible addresses has to be right and make it through.

The body of the email is below and I attached my invoice and a high resolution picture of the axle. We'll see what they say. I expect that I'll get some response, even if it is to tell me to never contact them again...
Quote:
I ordered a set of custom c-clip axles last March and only have 796 miles on them. I had an axle seal leaking and when I pulled the axle I found some bad pitting on the axle where the bearing rides as well as a slight groove where the seal rides. I feel this is an obvious defect in the axle, and so do several of my hot rod and drag racing friends.

I called Monday morning 3-11-19 @ 8:39 AM CST and spoke to some “Asshole” who didn’t even let me finish explaining what I had found before he started explaining the different reasons as to why it was my fault. I’m not sure if he had a bad weekend or what, but if this is the type of people that you are going to have dealing with existing or potential customers, I’m not sure I ever want to deal with your company again. With that being said, before I scrap the whole rear end and order a replacement from one of your competitors, I would like to try one more time to get some sort of “customer” service from your company.

The above stated “Asshole” told me that one possibility was that I had trash in my rear end before I put it together, which wasn’t the case. I cleaned the inside and out of the housing before and after it was narrowed, and again before it was assembled for the last time with all new bearings and seals.

He also stated that another possibility was that my housing was not straight after it was narrowed. My housing was narrowed by a gentleman that builds NHRA certified chassis for people around the country, so I’m pretty sure he can handle a simple 8.5” 10-bolt narrowing. Furthermore, I’ve never had a rear end that the axles slid in so easily, so I know it is straighter than a factory housing ever was. Regardless, I will strip the housing and bring it back to him so that he can check it again with his jig to make sure it is perfect.

The “Asshole” told me that nothing could be done on your end without me shipping the bad axle back so that you could inspect it, which is completely reasonable. In order to minimize the down-time on my Blazer since it is car show season, what I would like to do is purchase a single axle to replace the bad axle, then ship the bad one back for your inspection. If it is a manufacturer defect, then I would like to have the money spent on the replacement refunded to me as well as the return shipping cost for the bad axle. Would that be an acceptable scenario for you?

Please feel free to call or email me with any questions, if you need.

Thanks,
Steven M Broussard

"If dogs don't go to heaven, when I die I want to go wherever they went." -- Will Rogers
R.I.P. Oscar

R.I.P. Ratchet

1967 Pontiac GTO - Dad was the Original Owner
1970 Chevy 2wd SWB "Oscar's Truck"
1970 Chevy 2wd Blazer "Ratchet's Blazer"
2013 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax/Allison Z71 LTZ "Brown Sugar"
2017 Chevy Suburban "BDB"
2020 Chevy Blazer Premier "Foxy"

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Shop Build
smbrouss70 is offline   Reply With Quote