View Single Post
Old 04-18-2012, 12:23 AM   #61
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Ok, so I removed the passenger side rocker panel, and found out in the process of removing it that I had cut a bit too high. I cut into the rear door pillar where the rocker panel is attached. Not entirely my fault as I was cutting along the prior botched weld line that somebody did in the past. When I cut the rocker a bit lower, it fell right off. I did a few tack welds to keep the cut piece of the door panel in place. I don't think I did a super job with the weld, but after grinding down the knobs, it seems like it was enough to hold it in place.

Fortunately, I already have some parts that I ordered when I thought I might tackle the other cab.

It looks to me like someone welded an inner rocker panel over the original rocker panel.

After reviewing everything and coming up with some sort of plan, I think this is what I am going to do (not necessarily in this order):
  • Replace the passenger side edge of the floor.
  • Replace the front right section of the floor pan, preferably recycling from my original cab, instead of sticking with the repair I did.
  • Replace the lower part of the front door sill.
  • Replace the cab corners, again recycling from the original cab.

Ok, here are the pics.

If anyone has an opinion on whether I should replace the back outer floor area and the rear pillar, or just work on the front I would love to hear your thoughts. The back of the floor is pretty solid. But as you can see from the photos, behind the rocker panel in the back is pretty rusty. It's still pretty solid, but rusty.
Attached Images

DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote