View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 07:59 PM   #87
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

So while waiting for the wife to come home, I thought let's check out the outer floor repair patch I purchased. So I took it out, did a ton of measuring and re-measuring, and measuring again, and I think I have it nicely taped off at the cut points.

I have decided to take it off in sections, rather than try to cut the whole thing at once. So, first I cut the cab corner and rear door pillar out to get more access. Then I very carefully managed to separate the floor panel from the cab supports. I am actually quite impressed I did not screw this up.

The rear cab support seems like it's in pretty good shape. The front is in worse shape, but I don't think it's totally shot or anything. I plan to clean them up and put the slip on cab supports over them. I am sure some people would tell me to replace them, but it's really more work than I think I want to get into. If I was more experienced at bodywork and welding, I might have tried that.

So here is what I have done so far. There was a ton of crap inside the cab supports. Had to break out the vacuum cleaner.

I am really nervous about cutting the outer floor. Afraid I might cut it too far and create WAY more work. Hopefully it will go well. I have measured different parts of it over and over again, so I can't imagine I am off by much.

Wish me luck!
Attached Images

DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote