Thread: '57 2Dr Sedan
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 05:30 PM   #84
Ironhorse

Re: '57 2Dr Sedan

57 CAME HOME TODAY !

Finally after a long wait, including paint and body jail, interior choice change because of discontinued material, interior upholstery jail, waiting on Covid caused parts shortages, weather delays and just waiting and waiting and waiting....etc. The 57 is back home !!

Did not drive it home because the roller tires are not up to a 30 mile highway trip so I used my AAA membership. Came off without a hitch. Fired her up and drove up the roll back and set the brake, shut her off, put her in reverse, foot on brake while AAA driver lashed her down. 40 minutes later unloaded her in front of the house and backed into the garage. Still a few small things to do before she hits the road. Change the flex fan for a solid steel mechanical, new seat belts for the front bench, bead blast and repaint the traction bars, swap out the rally wheels for black steel wheels and Camaro poverty caps. Clean and detail the engine compartment. Nothing major, will be great to "tinker" on her again. Then impatiently wait for driving season and the car shows to start up. I am Soooo ready for that,
Attached Images

Original Truck AM/FM
Wellington, Ks
Ironhorse is offline   Reply With Quote