View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 10:03 AM   #128
HunterRotten

Re: The Hawaiian Blue 1978 GMC.

Hunter's 1978 GMC Build

Time for a tiny little update. It's cold, so progress is slow. Next step we fiddled with wheels a bit. Figured out what wheel studs I'd need, lugs, and tire sizes. I ultimately decided on 255 60 15's for the front and 295 50 15's on the rear, cooper cobras of course. There was a deal going on with discounttire on ebay, I paid a little less than $500 shipped. They arrived at my doorstep in less than 24 hours.

I had to get a spacer from titan wheel accessories, which was a little hard to find. I was going to buy them on Amazon and in the 24 hr they were waiting in my cart they went unavailable so I had to buy them from their website. Turns out I bought the last set. They are .25" thick to clear the knuckle on my drop spindle.

Next, I had to measure and get wheel studs. This was way harder than it should have been. I also went through amazon, ended up buying dorman part number 610-475 for $17. This is the part number for 10 on dorman, but this seller on amazon sold me 1 stud for $17. I found them on summit for $18, accidentally bought two boxes but now I have 21 wheel studs.

Next, I needed lugs. We were pretty sure my wheels were supposed to come with studs but the whole debacle of even getting these wheels from the people they were purchased from was pretty painful and crazy. We didn't bother asking. I picked out a set of mcgards on amazon. They were pretty reasonably priced. $35 for part number 84562. Comes with 18 lugs and 5 locks so there's some extras.

Last edited by HunterRotten; 02-04-2018 at 10:22 AM.
HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote