View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 12:29 PM   #135
HunterRotten

Re: The Hawaiian Blue 1978 GMC.

Hunter's 1978 GMC Build

Not sure if anyone noticed but on that last one I used a little big larger photos, maybe a little bit too big? I couldn't decide so I'll be following up with my original size.

So, I don't know if anyone reading remembers but I have the 60/40 bench out of like a 90's model chevy truck to put in mine. The floors on those trucks are flat because theres not gas tank under the cab, so the brackets are massive. It took some talking with my dad and we are actually still working on this bracket today a little here and there to make it fit JUST RIGHT but here's the basics of it.

We bought some steel here locally and ended up with enough to make two of these things. I'm sure we'll find something to do with the extra bits later! We (my dad) drew up and created a bracket to bolt up to the original seat mounting locations and then we planned (and did so successfully) to cut the 60/40 seat rails to fit.

After looking at all of these, I think we need better lighting in the garage! Or, better yet.. IT NEEDS TO GET WARM! That way we can open the doors and let that sweet natural light in. I also think we need more rags. I apparently cleaned up the metal with a dirty rag so the paint did some funky stuff, but hey.. it's under the seat. whatever.

Also, that dash in the last two pics is AN ORIGINAL DASH! It's pretty cool! It was in a camper conversion that had curtains pulled all around the glass. I got the door panels, kicks, and seatbelts too. It's all mint! I'll share pics of that next, I think. My dad got me the steering wheel for christmas.

Last edited by HunterRotten; 03-04-2018 at 12:49 PM.
HunterRotten is offline   Reply With Quote