View Single Post
Old 01-21-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
slowcpe

Need real world advice on air management

It looks like I sold my other truck last night and my Porterbuilt shipment should arrive tomorrow so now its time to order my air management. I've never had air ride before and only rode in one truck with it and that was Ride Tech's shop truck and was very impressed. I appreciate any advice you guys with air ride can give me.

My truck is a '67 short stepper. I purchased PB's Stage I front and Stage II Basic rear with Dominator 2600 bags. The truck currently has McGaughy drop spindles and 2" blocks in the rear. I'm planning on completing the rear to the Stage II Deluxe and add a mild front dropmember and control arms next winter. Goal is obviously a good riding and handling driver.

So now to my dilemma: I can't seem to decide which route to go on air management. From what I've read, I really can't make a bad decision so that's why I'm looking for real world advice. I also cannot make of my mind on biting the bullet and get a leveling system right off the bat. I've got the money for it, but would cut into my short-term budget. Is it really worth the money?

Here's what I'm looking at:

AZ Pro Performance Pro 2 kit with dual compressors and single 5-gallon tank. From what I've seen and talking to Travis this is the best bang-for-the-buck system out there. However with their special on leveling systems this month it would save me about $300 if I do the AccuAir e-Level with Rocker Switch and i-Level control now as opposed to later. Very tempting. Again is the e-Level worth it?

RideTech's RidePRO e-3 setup with larger single compressor with 5-gallon tank. The main reasons I like their setup is a) they are a local company for me and b) I really like their controller better than AccuAir. This setup is more than the Pro Performance kit but if you add the ride sensors and the fact they are offering 10% off today the kit comes in slightly less than the AccuAir kit but I lose the phone control. That can always be added later.

So again I'm looking for other guys' experiences to help me make up my mind. Thanks in advance.
1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote