View Single Post
Old 09-04-2021, 12:57 PM   #11
Pontiac1976

Re: deluxe weatherstrip - lock strip

Quote:
Someone had mentioned this before, when there was discussion on this topic. The lock strip has a clear plastic protection film, to help with scratches I assume. But that film needs pulled/peeled off after installation. I can remember doing that myself on mine. In fact, I can remember thinking that there wasn’t a film, because I couldn’t hardly find an area to get it started to peel off. I was about to give up because I was convinced it wasn’t on there. But my brother, who helped me, finally got it started. And then it all peeled off.
So this person was saying that is the reason why some of these lock strips look the way they do, because it’s that plastic film that has baked in the sun, because it wasn’t removed.
Very Interesting info TKCR. I know I never took it off back then. But the one I think in storage I may take a try at that. the next time re place. Right now I'm just liking the blacked out look.
1977 REG cab Long Bed with a 1984 Front Clip, 82 305 .60 over 9.0.1 flat top pistons, 4bbl, TH350, w/84 SS-intake & cam , w/ 1977 big block rad, 1975 gear box, 1984 master w/ metric fittings top & SAE fitting @ portion block, 1975 3.42 gear open diff. Duel 77-87 Factory air cleaner, duel inlet from rad support . Down sized 9' to new 8' Steel flat bed
Was a 77 454 w/308 gear. Taken out 550 lbs. up front with motor clip change.
Pontiac1976 is offline   Reply With Quote