View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 01:25 PM   #19
0ptikal

Re: What features do you guys like / want in a s-10 kit?

see thats the thing - the kits we're doing will be everything being able to be ordered from an individual bracket up to full rolling chasis - To full box tube frames. That way you guys can accomidate the kit for what your looking for and need. The hard part of making a "cheap" kit is it doesn't work for half of the guys that want it due to welding etc - IF we have to make bolt on kits - pre made core supports - etc and put with a universal style kit then again same problem the current kits have not even half of the people are happy with it. IT's all in the installers skill level - personally I like weld on but thats because one I like welding - and two have the skill to weld and welder. But thats extra time for us to weld brakcets on to bolt on and then to drill the brackets and then fine suitable bolts and nuts - Plus more we have to stock in here to have a kit handy to sell. So heres the goal so far - If any of you have used dell or gateway to order a computer your familier with there configurator where you use drop downs to select options and such and it adds or removes a bit of price off of the total... same concept. We're trying to do something that will make a kit that will fit perfectly for your application - yet be simple and clean and somewhat universal. Personally my personal truck we're doing with a custom box tube frame and a corvette IRS and it's bagged - why because it's what I would want but other companies kits wouldn't work because it would interfere with the bed mounts etc. It's all in preference and these are all custom rides - we all want our own twist. We're just trying to make something that will work for everyone and yet be cost effective for those guys that don't really need anything more then the bracketry up to the guysthat can only turn a wrench.
0ptikal is offline   Reply With Quote