View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 08:00 PM   #21
0ptikal

Re: What features do you guys like / want in a s-10 kit?

Thats my point some people have asked for a bagged kit - some coilover - These have all been requests we've had locally, online etc. Thats the point of making a system again such as dell has a computer where you can order what you want and what you need, nothing more nothing less. For just a body kit weld on style un assembled - as in pieces are cnc plasma cut and ready to be welded up will be about - $650 to 750 - A kit thats a weld on with all the bracketry welded up and ready for you to weld on the frame and throw a body on will be about 800 - 900 and it's fully tig welded - for a kit thats fully tig welded and the user just needs to bolt it on supplies included about $1000. Thats a ruff - once we get our jigs for welding everything up and refined in time of assembly we can probably work a little better on the prices. The kit is simple I'm waiting ot get my digital camera back from my girlfriend so I can take pictures for you.
My point with the airbags and frames and such is depending on the skill level of the installer we will offer from the brackets to full rolling chasis. You may be able to fabricate your own kit but alot of guys don't have the tools, space etc to .... I've been there along time ago and know how that can be. As well not everyone has 24k to throw in to a cnc plasma setup so they can cut brackets out smoothly without spending a bit of time with a cut off wheel or hand plasma cutting and then grinding down to the fine measurements. Simply enough if it's so easy to make then why would you be looking for a kit - because it takes time to make and whats your time worth? To cut out, drill and weld up an entire kit Your looking at like 7 hours + a consumable kit for the plasma - $25- filler rod $12.00 - electric for the tig and the plasma and cnc table- + metal + obvious overheads such as a building etc. We all know there not free and I'm not trying to make these expensive for anyone - and from what I can tell our prices start at over half of anyone elses and at a low of $100 less but are kits are custom tailored to your application. The biggest thing I'm trying to figure out in this post is what type of applications would people like to see? or prefabbed pieces for an s-10 frame for this truck? different suspension options - watts links - 4 links - gas tank relocators -body to sit higher or lower on the frame- what type of motor / trannys are we talking for crossmembers.... +2 a a-arms interest anyone? Thats more of what I'm trying to find out so I can taylor these kits while were making them and doing all the R&D to fit what you the consumers want.
0ptikal is offline   Reply With Quote