Thread: V8 swap in AD
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 04:31 PM   #20
scooters52

Smile Re: V8 swap in AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDW HOTRODS View Post
Angles should be about 3 degrees down at rear of trans, and 3 up at front of rear end. Mine is almost the same, I can fit fingers between distributor and firewall, and long water pump with engine fan I have about 1 1/4 inch to radiator.Block huger headers that are pointing to the rear are what you might want to look for. what motor mounts do you have and where is the main cross member under the engine?

Hey guys, I did a 350/350 combo in my little '52 truck a few years ago and used the tubular style cross members for both the engine and trans they went in really easy. Also, by leaving about a 1" or so gap at the back (by the distributor) I was still able to use a long water pump and have plenty of clearance for the radiator. It's a little tight, but it fits. I used some Tru-Ram style manifolds from Speedway, and then for steering I put a power steering box on the outside of the frame rail that came out of an '85 Blazer (I think??) Anyhow, that seemed to work very well for me, it sounds like you are on the right track. Let me know if you want any specific pics of any of it.
scooters52 is offline   Reply With Quote