View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 01:46 AM   #53
RockhoundII

Re: My Nameless 79 Blazer Project

I dropped my driveshaft off to be shortened. So in the meantime I've been knocking a few of the smaller things off of my checklist.
First I got started on making a plate for the passenger side firewall. I started by using paint around the border of where my plate should go, and while it was still wet I pressed a peace of cardboard against it to transfer the outline to the cardboard. I then cut it out if the cardboard and used the cardboard to make a template out of some old 1/4 inch plywood I had laying around. I used the cardboard template to make a wood copy because the cardboard template was very rough, and I don't really like trying to trim cardboard to the correct shape. I much prefer to work with wood, so this will make it much easier to get the exact shape I want before I transfer it to a sheet of steel. I can also drill mounting holes and holes to run wiring if need be, and use the wood piece as a temporary cover to keep the critters and the elements out of the inside of my truck in the meantime.
Attached Images