View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 04:46 PM   #8
MARTINSR

Re: Starting a 52 Chevy 3100 Project.

But before you start, ask yourself what are your expectations on driving this truck. What will you be using it for? If it's daily driver down the freeway at 70, do the frame "swap." If it's towing a boat through the mountains, do the frame "swap."

But if this is going to be a Sunday cruiser or a local driver around city streets and hitting the freeway every once in a while REALLY think about that frame "Swap."

I say "swap" because all a frame swap does is swap the money, time, and work from one frame to another. The stock frame under your truck will do everything you need in the Sunday cruiser or local driver I mention. There are front crossmember kits if you want an IRS that is MUCH easier than stuffing that S-10 frame under there.
Or depending on how much you will drive it, a V8 stuffed in there or a hot six with the stock suspension would work just fine too.

Just tossing it out there, you deserve to have the truck you want, if that's a late model frame so you can do things I mention like flying down the freeway everday, go for it. But I have seen WAY too many of these trucks be sold undone because the frame "swap" is a bunch of work and people were under the impression it's a weekend project.

Just something to think about.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote