View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 10:17 PM   #18
Phungki

Re: New guy looking for a project

Quote:
Originally Posted by franken View Post
I think the OP may want to establish a few things such as price range, 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton, longbed or shortbed, 2 or 4 headlights. Personally, I prefer the 55-57 look.
Also where do you want to buy or where are you? I see a Blissfield in MI which is the part of the country where the worst rust is. I'm in TX and you can get a lot of truck for little money because so many were sold here and in the south generally. TX, OK, AZ, NM, NV, etc. are dry areas. I've seen amazingly solid trucks from OK at swapmeets.
Yes it’s Michigan. Rust is an issue here for sure. That’s why I bought my TJ from Florida. 18 yrs old and zero rust anywhere.
I don’t have a huge preference as far 2 or 4 headlights. I’m not looking to “show” it or drive it on the highway. I prefer the stepsides but honestly the condition of the vehicle is the biggest thing I’m looking for. Any Chevy/gmc between 55-59 with minimal body work needed would be considered. I’m not interested in cutting out floor boards or doing any major rust repair at all. Mechanical work is much more fun for me than body work.
Phungki is offline   Reply With Quote