View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #104
rare86
Extended cab fanatic

Re: Square body extended cabs

wiggins, glad to have ya. Ive had pics of your truck for years, but never could find the owner. Im glad to it finally showed up. So far I have pics of only 4 extended crewcabs that have the pickup bed, and my 86 crew , and now your 87 crew are the only ones that I can prove havent been crushed. Yours is the nicest one with the bed I have found, hands down. Mine runs like a dream, but needs paint. The back seat on most of them folds down into the bed. This was the norm because since the same people who built these also built conversion vans. th only ones with the jumper seat that I have seen and the single door trucks,
As far as the side glass, they did come as plexiglass. If you look at any conversion van from the 80s, you'll notice that any odd shaped window was plexiglass. I dodn see why a door window couldnt be cut to fit since it follows a similar curve, or an s10 window since they have been installed in these trucks ( after some modifications) and fit the curve nicely. Problem is, I rhink they wont cut it because of their lack of ability, not because of the curve. Go back to when they cut glass for a 53 Chevy car, thats a curve. The glass shops I see now arent glass shops like they were then. Now, they just replace glass with pre ordered peices that are machine made from a pattern.