View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
grayharville
^^who I am^^ what I say>

1984 K-5 Blazer "The Monster Truck"

Hey yall, It is time for me to start a new project, and I think I found a great candidate.

The Story- About 15 years ago my (now) stepdad helped his (now) ex Father in law do some work on a k-5 blazer, They slapped a detroit locker in the rear, a spool up front, 4.10 gears, locking hubs,and a 350/th350/NP205 combo in it.

It then recieved an 8 inch lift and 36 inch TSLs and was used as a daily driver/ weekend mudder for awhile.

5 years later it was sold to a friend of my stepdads and the motor was pulled out and 36s pulled off. It then recieved a VERY BUILT 468 BIG BLOCK out of a drag boat, along with 38.5 TSLs. Then the truck was all kinds of crazy, It would pop wheelies, pulling those 38s a foot off the ground.

After awhile the motor was blown and the drivetrain removed... Then it sat under a tree for 6 years...

After selling my bone stock and rusted out k-5 for 1,500 dollars, Me and my Stepdad went to visit the guy with the blazer, upon seeng it, I knew I had to have it, Original Paint, rust free, and BIG. I wound up getting it for a mere 600 dollars. Heres a few Pics.

Getting it onto the trailer

Sitting in my backyard

The body is in pretty good shape, but the interior was junk. so after pulling the carpet out I found one of the cleanest floorboards Ive ever seen, except for a small rust hole near the transmission tunnel.

My plans for the truck Is to redo the interior, clean up the th350/np205 combo, and clean up a good running L82 350 out of a corvette for it. I might even paint it one day... Any comments are welcome, thanks for looking. I will start freshening up the motor as soon as I pull it from the Corvette.

East Tx Squares
grayharville is offline   Reply With Quote