View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 02:12 PM   #20
ChevLoRay
Old Skool Club

Re: Drop shocks? 97 4/6??

Learned a lot about what to buy and what to avoid....just got through with the installation of BellTech Street Performance shocks on the rear, after the fiasco with www.shockwarehouse.com.

What was removed from the rear was a pair of Summit Racings' sport truck shocks that had to be stretched to their max to mount to the 4-inch statically lowered rear of my '96 GMC SWB. The, the Bilsteins were too long, although they were stated by Bilsteins and www.shockwarehouse.com as being correct for suspensions lowered up to 6-inches. Yep, they were too long. Bilstein then said (per www.shockwarehouse.com) that they did not have a shock that would fit, on top of the website stating that they had just found a note that said there might be a problem...really?

So, on Friday I ordered a pair of BellTech's and I am as happy as a pig in mud.

I guess, when we drive lowered vehicles, we need to defer to the people who make stuff that is used to lower them, and follow their advice. It may seem more expensive from the git-go, but I have almost $500 tied up in my shock issue. I still have a pair of Bilstein's, but I'll have to get some extensions to make 'em usable....if I ever decide to go that route...or, maybe I'll sell 'em.

But my bride is gonna love the ride in my truck for the first time since my son brought it back from California in '07.

'96 GMC Sportside; 4.3/SLT - Daily driven....constantly needs washed.

'69 C-10 SWB; 350/TH400 - in limbo

The older I get, the better I was.
ChevLoRay is offline   Reply With Quote