View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 11:04 PM   #250
lha1992

Re: How about some pics of 88-98 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountie View Post
Iha1992.....

Any luck replacing your grill with a new GM ?? I heard they are not easy to find.

I'm going to repaint mine in Florida & replace my exterior plastic pieces with OEM if possible.

(Any suggestions for a shop near Bradenton Fla?)
Hey, well with the grill i'm going with aftermarket that looks like the OEM. Its between $60 and $80 depending on where you get it. My friend who is doing the painting said that the aftermarkets fit really good, almost like the original. I wanted to get a OEM and you can still find them but they cost anywhere from $200 on up to $350 and I don't have that money to spend because my truck has other stuff that needs to be tinkered with.

Now, the only things I am going OEM with are the side moldings, wheel arches and weatherstripping. I'm getting a deal on those things because my friend has a whole sale license with the local GM dealership so I can get them for 20% off! But its still costing like $400 total for that stuff but hey its OEM. I coulda got the molding from LMC but I've heard bad stories so I didn't want to risk it and then having to remove them and possibly ruin my new paint.

BTW, I really don't know of any shops down in Florida to repaint your truck. Might want to talk to some of the members here who live down there on suggestions or maybe post a thread in the Florida section part of the forum asking about a shop to get it repainted. Oh yeah, you truck still looks great! Hard to think its got 300K on it!!
lha1992 is offline   Reply With Quote