View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 12:43 AM   #18
Flysocal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan in Pasadena View Post
Inc project, looks like you're moving right along.

I just removed a bunch of rivets on my '55.2 about a month ago. Ground them flush and used a big flat faced 1/4" punch and a 3 lb single jack. Took a few hits and was at times hard to see the outline of the rivet with the head ground smooth but I got them all off. Stick with it.

Looking forward to watching your progress. I'm relatively nearby in Pasadena. If you need an extra sets if hands drop me a PM and we can exchange contact information, maybe give each other a hand here and there.
Thanks buddy might hold you to it.

Frame is almost cleaned up. Took a wire wheel to the top and sides then flipped it over to get better leverage on some stubborn rivets. Will get the engine cross member and remaining rivets pounded out tomorrow. Then it will be ready for Scott's ifs and 4 bar. Should be ready in a couple weeks! Looks like I will need 1 running board bracket or maybe I can weld it. Not going with the foose wheels because I want a 20" rear. Thinking about Boyd's junkyard dog in chrome. They come in 18x7 or 8 front and 20x9 rear. Does anybody have any advise for my vin? It's worn out and has yellow paint all over it. Is there repops available?

Posted via Mobile Device
Flysocal is offline   Reply With Quote