Thread: 75 Dually build
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2014, 11:49 PM   #22
75Dually

Re: 75 Dually build

OK so here is my surprise. I really only posted the welding table build on this forum to show you guys on 67-72chevytrucks this portion of the build. I could not figure out what I wanted to do with the backside of the table. I have seen how guys use old tailgates mounted to a wall as a makeshift work bench, and it hit me like a ton of bricks! Why not take my old beat up tail gate off my 75 dually and use it as the door to a storage compartment. So I added a C-Clamp storage rod, and bulk storage for large tools and tool cases.

The tail gate is rather abused and has lots of patina. But that is why I think it makes this project rather cool. Plus it is a Chevy tail gate! In the pictures below the tail gate is only being held by some para cord because I have not made a hinge system yet. I still have to do the latch as well, but I think it looks cool and it is not your normal welding table by any means.

I also got the electrical finished up today. I have 2 double gang boxes on either end. Fully tested and now ready to go.

All I have left is to paint the frame and install the top. Then yes I will get back to my dually build I promise!

Let me know what you guys think...
Attached Images

75Dually is offline   Reply With Quote