View Single Post
Old 08-31-2017, 12:32 PM   #130
gigamanx

Re: 1949 Chevy with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedoh View Post
you are running a carb. you need 4-5 degrees down angle on the engine/trans because of the float in your carb is set by the preset angle on your intake, which is 4-5 degrees down.

also your trans pan will be level with a 4-5 degree down angle.

set the rear end angle like 99 says above. I just use angle shims because joedoh's law (also called the dumbass constant) says if I touch one thing, no matter how simple, it will cause two other things to break or otherwise need work.
Awesome thanks! That's my labor day weekend job. I didn't think of shims...glad I didn't start cutting first. I may start a law of my own...for every task I start there will always be a tool or part I don't have to complete it. haha

Exhibit A: I need a transmission cooler but the lines will end up being custom. So now I need the double flare line tool.
Exhibit B: I wanted to add an electric fuel pump but it didn't ship with the tube ends, so I had to find some. Then fuel line to match. Now I can't install it because the fuel line is a hard line and.... I need a double flare line tool haha

Unrelated funny story: I started out calling my steel guy with specific dimensions, where to cut 45s, and even made diagrams on SketchUp. A few orders, and mistakes, later I just called yesterday and said

J: "Hey I need some 2x1...."
Steel: "How much do you need?"
J: "Give me about 20ft but cut it into 6ft lengths so it fits in my car. I'll figure it out later"
Steel: "I have some extra off cuts of 16ga sheet and some 2" 11ga flat do you want to.."
J: "yes"

Build Thread Phase 1 "The Swap": 1949 3100 with S10 swap. Beginner build with ambition!

Build Thread Phase 2 "The Drop": Beginner Build with Ambition gets Air Ride

Last edited by gigamanx; 08-31-2017 at 12:45 PM.
gigamanx is offline   Reply With Quote