View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
TheBlueBomber

Just another twin turbo 4.8L build. Project "Short stroke"

Around April of last year I bought my 1979 K10 for $1000 and limped it 2 hours home. It had no brakes what so ever and was leaking oil like crazy. Any who I brought it home cleaned it up and drove it around for a few months after working a few kinks out of it.

The truck from the factory had a 350/th350/np203 setup but at some point an '80-82 305 was swapped in. And boy was she tired.

Once those kinks were worked out I went four wheeling a few times... the last time I got cocky since I knew my reverse was going out... it went out lol.

Que in the twin turbo LS build. I was thinking about rebuilding the trans and then building a 350 for the truck but after about a month of pressure from friends I decided to go LS. But I wanted to take it farther then that.

So I got a 5.3/4l60e/NP241 setup going in right now that I'm almost done with. Wiring is being done by a good friend of mine and I just need to set up the 4l60e linkage, fuel system, and exhaust... Cake.

While I'm driving the K10 I'll be building the 4.8l for the setup. I have a build thread for the truck but I wanted to make a secondary thread in here on my setup so I can ask questions about what I'll end up doing. Haven't thought much on the transmission I will use but I definitely want a manual.

So walking around the junkyard looking for a good motor to use and I found just that. It's a 1999 4.8L engine. The engine spun freely and I pulled the passenger side head off and saw that it had flat top pistons. I knew it was what I was looking for. Pulled the motor and grabbed a few things that I need for the 5.3L and I was on my way home. The engine will sit for the most part until I get the truck running and driving and then I will turn all of my focus on that.

I don't plan on four wheeling much anymore unless its light trails/the beach. I put my first dent in the bedside and I decided I had enough lol. Build thread for the truck is here. http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=605433

1979 Chevrolet K10 Scottsdale - Carolina K10 -

My 4.8L Twin turbo build - Project Short Stroke -

Instagram - TheBlueBomber1996
TheBlueBomber is offline   Reply With Quote