View Single Post
Old 02-17-2008, 09:53 PM   #95
LONGHAIR
just can't cover up my redneck

Re: For your viewing pleasure

Welcome Lou, it is good to see you aboard.
It's funny how the "suits" go looking for guys like Lou (not only skills but personality too) but then they want to hold them back?

Most of those shows are nothing but commercials for the suppliers. They are just going to the next level by showing people how to use their products. The more fabrication their is, the less product is shown. Muscle Car was my favorite from the beginning because it seems to be less like that. I understand the reasoning behind telling viewers where they can get the products that are being used, but it seems like the products drive the shows. I know that it is a balancing act, you need the sponsors to even have a show, but it doesn't have to look so much like an infomercial...does it?
Bullydog anyone?.....Trucks! wore me out with that one.
Then you have the opposite, getting too far beyond the average guy, so they feel overwhelmed/left behind then they get bored. Too technical (while appealing to guys like us) is not as commercially viable. Fabricating is great, but once you get beyond tools like welders, grinders, etc. there isn't much to "sell". Selling is what keeps any show on the air.

I knew that something was up when they brought in the new guy and started rehashing the old projects. I was sad to see Jared go and it will be worse to see Lou leave....but I sure was glad to see that body-builder guy leave Trucks.
As far as Jesse, I figured that her medical issues would be the end of her on that show. I was actually surprised to see her come back.
LONGHAIR is offline   Reply With Quote