View Single Post
Old 04-28-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
kev2809
low n' slo

Re: Long water pump vs short water pump

to revive an old thread! i put the motor on hold for a while, just got it in a few weeks ago and im trying again to get these accessories in! i didnt like my mismatching brackets for the alt bracket and ps pump so i found some on the board. problem is, i didnt remember if i had short or long pump and these are short, lol.

anywho, i wanted to get the alt back on the driver side anyways. question 1) since, the short water pump is 5 7/8" from hub to mounting, and the long is 7 1/4", couldnt i space the bracket and alt. out the difference (little over an inch) to get them to line up? question 2) im having problems with the power steering again. i got new brackets which bolt up fine, but i had trouble getting the pulley back on. i know i used a puller to get it off the first time, putting it on i just set it on and used a socket and hammer and tapped it back on. it pretty much got it back on but it spins a little wobbly! now im thinking of pulling it back off the mount the bracket anyways, but how the heck does it go back on?

-_--_--_ _________
_--_-_ -/____|__|__\__
,.,,,.,.,,.,|_O _______ O_]
kev2809 is offline   Reply With Quote