View Single Post
Old 05-24-2017, 10:31 AM   #25
Maximus

Re: Maximus's 1972 K5 Blazer 4X4 Build Thread

Well I went to my local upholstery guy who recovered the seats in my '55 big window and my 72' f100, and got a price and a date to recover my rear bench. Ouch! I was going to do it at home but my foam is SHOT and I dont have the time to shape the foam (using my clapped out foam as a template) so I am just going to have them make me some new foam and throw my seat covers I ordered on (simple black 71-72 cover from Classic Industries)

I also sold off the 91 Blazer rims, I couldn't come to terms with the 7" wide part... I want to keep the 33" tire size, and 12.50's on 7" is pushing the limit of the rim and tire, so I want to keep it at an 8" rim. Another plus is my SPID shows 15x8 rims on the tag, so I guess I am going back to Rallys! (if I can find a set that isnt a $1000!!!??? these are stock steel truck wheels not polished American Racings!)

My rear seat is on schedule to get refoamed and covered in 2 weeks, so I will post photos when its done. Also ordered some new generic lap belts since mine were dry rotted and unsafe, and need to get some arm rests ordered from ClassicParts soon here...

If anyone is looking, my measurements show that 1/2" bolts are used to anchor the rear seat belts, and they appear to have an extended length of about 54" (18" fixed 'male' buckle, 36" 'female')
I ordered some generic 60" lap belts, wont have to worry about them tearing or being too stiff to adjust.

I am also still on the lookout for a oem tank filler so I can setup an aftermarket tank with the correct routing neck... once I find that I think it will spark me to replace the entire rear fuel system (vents, tank, hoses, clamps, sending unit) and get that back to something close to factory...

More to come...
Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote