View Single Post
Old 08-23-2017, 08:22 PM   #309
GASoline71
"I ain't nobody, dork."

Re: Out of the Ditch = The Rebuild Begins ('72 GMC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp rat View Post
Looking good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol Blue K20 View Post
Looks great!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHRUMGMC View Post
Looking great
Thanks you'se guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Junkman View Post
Are those the original door opening seals ? I bought some new aftermarket ones and the doors were hard to shut after ,I read on here dodge dakota ones work from 87-96 ,i ended up using some of those i had here at the yard ,doors shut way easier .And they just push on over the pinch weld instead of glueing them on .
Trucks Going to turn out nice by the looks of it so far .
They are the push on style made for the 67-72 trucks by Precision Products. I got them from Dreamers Trucks and Rods in Everett. They were super easy to install and the fit is really nice. I haven't installed the doors yet to see how they shut. But the seals have small hidden holes that allow air to escape to make the doors not open and close so hard.

Carpet is installed along with the seat belts and also gas tank went back in for the last time. I have to cut the hole in the carpet for the original 3/8" steel fuel line to go through the floor and install the line. Then I will install the seat from my donor 1972 GMC C25.

While taking the seat out of the C25 today... I found some pull-tabs and a Vitamin R cap under the old rotten stock rubber floor mat. LOL! Musta been one hell of a party wagon!

Gary
Attached Images

My 1972 GMC 1500 Super Custom (Creeping Death) "long term" build thread.

The Rebuild of Creeping Death after the wreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONGHAIR View Post
I would never rebuild a 305.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prostreetC-10 View Post
I love using vacuum gauges as part of the carb tuning process. I hook the gauge to the inside of my garbage can and leave it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv D View Post
Remember Murphys 2nd law of mechanical relationships... "OPPOSING COMPONENTS ATTEMPTING TO OCCUPY THE SAME SPACE, AT THE SAME TIME, GENERALLY END UP OCCUPYING ADJOINING SPACE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OIL PAN"
Quote:
Originally Posted by cableguy0 View Post
Its cheaper to listen to advice given when you ask for help than it is to ignore everyone and wait for carnage.
GASoline71 is offline   Reply With Quote