View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #38
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67c10rustbuket View Post
Sweet, the cab looks pretty nice. are the floors and all good in it? hard to tell from the pics. I know how you feel on the cost I think I'll have $500+ in repair panels in my cab when I'm done. Thats not even counting the complete roof I cut off another cab to replace mine with, then considering the countless hours of measuring, cutting, welding, and grinding.
Nice work on the hoist rig too!
Thanks, 67! The cab is in pretty good shape. It does need some work, but a lot less than my cab needs.Someone started a repair on the D/S cab corner, and it looks like they did not finish it or maybe even did not do it right. Also, the firewall has about a 1/2" separation from the floor on the passenger side b/c Jim drove into a pole when his brakes failed and the frame got bent and twisted.

The inner rocker panels could probably stand to be replaced, but they are also in decent enough shape that it's not a priority. As I get into it, maybe I will decided to replace it. Overall it still seems like it won't be too difficult to fix.

I am just glad I don't need to mess with the inner cowl, door pillar, and roof anymore. I figured I was better off getting this cab than spending $500 on panels and still having to weld, grind, and sweat over fixing my cab. I also don't have the patience for all the measuring and grinding...

Thanks for the comment on the lift. I am truly amazed at how well it worked. I am so glad I found this board; I would never have been able to figure it out on my own. I was actually contemplating buying a cab lift online that is very similar to the one I built, at least the same concept, except made out of steel for $170 I think. This was much cheaper.
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote