View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 06:33 PM   #117
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

Ok, so I have some time top kill before the wife comes home. So I installed the metal wheel in my table saw, and man, does that make life easier!

Anyway, so of course I cut the lower cowl panel, sized it up and cut it again... oops! I guess I should not have cut it the second time. Of course on the bright side, I have a perfectly straight pieve of fill metal left over to close the gap I now have. Just need to smooth it out on a bench grinder.

Dan I took your advice and double checked to make sure the panel was as far forward as possible. There is a still a space between the back piece of the panel and the cab support, but it is even with the existing floor metal, and it's as far forward as it will go.

I think I have it fitted in there pretty well. Let me know what you think. I compared it to the drivers side and it seems close. The 4th pic is obviously the other side, and the last pic is the nice straight strip that I can use as a fill.

Gonna show the whole floor and the front piece in the next post.

What I don't get is when you look at the floor panel at the front inside, it kinda drifts off to the left; don't understand why they would not have made it perfectly straight. It is possible that the front is too high and needs to be banged down a bit, but I think I will try that after I have made a few tack welds.
Attached Images

DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote