View Single Post
Old 09-07-2015, 09:09 PM   #274
DD1

Re: Trying to make Junky perhaps just a little bit Funky...

As I was telling someone else, I am overall pretty happy with where I am. I am pretty close to starting the engine. Once I get the engine started and running well, I will go back to working on the cab. The serpentine belt system made it easier to install the accessories.

Let's take another look at that Monday To-Do List:

- finish painting radiator support: Done. Also painted radiator.
- install drivers side header and look for other header: Found other header. Ran into Problems.
- install power steering hoses: Not done.
- install plug wires: Not done.
- secure a/c support rod: Not done.
- install radiator support and radiator if I am lucky: Support installed; radiator not installed.

I started off installing the pass. side header. I can't do the drivers side because I need to get the correct size stud for the power steering pump bracket. When I installed the header, I noticed that it was really close to the plug wires.

My friend down the road has another set of headers that he offered to give me. I checked them out and they definitely a lot more spacious than the ones I have. But of course, I ran into a problem. I can't mount them because when you put them against the engine, it hits the frame and can't go flush with the engine.

So, should I use the old headers, cut or shave a notch in the frame and use my friends headers, or search for another set of headers?

I installed the lower radiator retainers and radiator support.

Then I realized that the right side retainer has to be moved over because the new radiator is not as big as the original one (it does not have the built in cooler). It's an easy fix, but I was hot, tired, and sweating like crazy, so I just called it a day.

Last thing I did was install the top mounts real quick. Then went inside.

I probably should not show this pic, as it shows how messy my garage is right now. Maybe it will inspire me to clean up a bit.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=502964
DD1 is offline   Reply With Quote