View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 05:11 AM   #85
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Fire & Rescue Picture Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
That's a good one. It may have mailbox stickers rather than gold leaf, but it's got the good accessories like dual spots, grille guard, and wheels (and no lights mounted on roof). looks like that tank put a hurtin' on those springs over the years. Imagine that

That is cool! Your Blazer hired out as a genuine am-boo-lance all temporary like...and all like that,and everything. (I was serious when I said 'cool')
Well not actually. they paid me to be there, and paid me a "Kit Box Rental" to compensate me for wear and tear on my gear [plus expendables] and I have to be there all day in case someone gets hurt. I just sort of got into the swing of things by borrowing the RESCUE magnetic strip from Props. On the rationalization that if my Jimmy accidently gets into the shot, it won't look wrong.
If you rent your truck out to the movies, some FX guy might want to blow it up.

Ol' Blue Thunder has gotten screen time in one reality show and one art film.
The first instance because the camera panned thru the crew parking lot. On "Goats" with David Duchovney, they saw me drive up to work and asked if they could film my truck. The only perq was that I got to park right at the downtown location, not 2 blocks away in the crew swamp. And even then the camera only started on an ECU of both drivers-side headlamps and then zoomed back and panned right to pick up the actors driving up 2 spaces to the right in a Volvo.
My GMC's 30 seconds of fame.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote