View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 01:24 PM   #25
Rich72C10
Mr. Cheyenne

Re: In Lieu of the Hood Brace Pads?

Okay, so my hood brace pads will not stay in, these are all new. One of the little ones actually fell out and landed on my ram exhaust - what a smell! The long ones work their way out too. I am always stuffing them back in, which makes me feel they aren't doing much of anything. Other than driving me crazy!

Seeing my hood is all painted and all what about this Urethane Windshield Adhesive (3M that I can pick up from O'Riley's)? I kind of feel Grumpy wouldn't lead people astray but the comment from turp mcspray has me concerned for the long term. Last thing I want to do is paint myself into a corner and make something worse. I really don't see taking a hammer to these long braces or putting extra braces between them.

Anyone can chime in on using Urethane Windshield Adhesive on the long braces? If so, you to just put little blobs of dots up/down the brace or run a line from top to bottom?

'72 Chevy C10 Cheyenne *Super WHT/MED BRONZE/WHT
SBC 350 | TH350 | LWB | AC | Buddy Seats
Upgrades: Tilt | Front Sway Bar | Radio | Sliding Window | Bed Spare w/Lock
Bed Rails | Full LEDs | Courtesy Lights | Tachometer | Glovebox Lock & Light | Head Light Relays | *Upgraded Fully Super Trim
Rich72C10 is offline   Reply With Quote