View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 11:47 AM   #79
dayj1

Re: Pre-LS swap questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root2812 View Post
Since I am swapping the LS6 intake on to a 5.3 should I use the MAP that came from the truck or from the car intake?
In my opinion, the decision boils down to which OS you're going to use in your PCM. I'm assuming truck, so I'd go with the truck sensor. IIRC, you'll have to remove one of the "ears" on the truck sensor to get it to physically fit into the car intake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Root2812 View Post
Anyone know a good source for the injector pigtails for the LS6 injectors? Those are EV1 right? and the truck is EV6? or is it the other way around?
Yes, the LS1/6 car injectors are EV1 connectors. The ACDelco EV1 pigtail is part number PT113. Rockauto has them on closeout right now for $2.92 each. They're usually more than $12.

If you're really hard core, I can get you the number for the connector housing and pins. That's the cheapest way to go from a parts perspective, but you have to have the correct crimping tool which isn't so cheap.

Lastly, there are adapters that plug into the truck haress on one side and the car injector on the other. They'll be the easiest to install but the most $.
dayj1 is offline   Reply With Quote