View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 10:23 PM   #152
joedoh

Re: 1941 1/2 ton project Hannah

front clip is mounted permanently, I had a return fitting on the steering box causing the return line to have a slight kink in it. normally a little bit of kink is just enough but I am not dating the truck. it was after 4 on friday so the hyspeco was closed and ordering a fitting would have taken till tuesday at least, so I cut it with a hack saw and gave it about 45 degrees. it doesnt leak, and with the return hose on it looks great.

I used an old trick to mount the front clip with screws so I could accurately drill the mounts and it was rock solid with just tacks and the screw. once I got the bolts in it was great.

bled the brakes. old cardboard freight bleeder still kicking it.

IMG_8725 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I want the filler to be easier than it has been, normally I tuck it right up against the bed side but without some kind of slip fitting its really hard to install especially when the fenders and running boards are installed. I decided I would make an oblong hole in the bed side and let it poke through naturally, easy enough to get in the right spot on the bed side and seal it with a grommet. I eyeballed it and cut and welded it... before I noticed the bed floor had shifted probably when I was bleeding the brakes. well, I already knew how to do it the first time right?

pretty, but two inches too long
IMG_8723 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

IMG_8724 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

mucho bueno

IMG_8726 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

incidentally, I thought I would show how I kept the gas fumes away from my exuberant grinding and welding. I stuffed paper towels in the tank tube and then thought, sheesh thats not very safe either, I just made a fuse. so the paper towels sealed the fumes and the shifter boot protected the towels.

IMG_8722 by Joe Doh, on Flickr

I ordered the correct front spacers but need the truck on the ground, so tomorrow I will mount the running boards and the bed. I am alomost out of welding gas though, so maybe a field trip.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote