Thread: 198Plus build
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 11:24 PM   #80
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: 198Plus build by Alan's Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverod View Post
I've got about 5 hours in one bedside. All I did was strip it with a flipper disk ( still needs work). I welded up the rear seam and ground it down, welded my stake pockets stut, welded up holes from molding and welded some patched where the bumper was hitting. Used my stinger to pull some dents and hammered on edges around the bottom to straighten thing out alittle. I have'nt even got to putting any filler on. Now that you got me thinking about it I'll see how much time I can put into it today.
I'll be waiting for your answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strodder View Post
It all takes me way to long. That's why I made my living as a mechanic. I always beat flat rate. With body work I couldn't. But when I see some of the so called professionals work, I do pretty good. But still takes me too long.
I prefer bodywork over bending wrenches. I have more patience with bodywork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggie91 View Post
Alan, At this point are you just "spot wiping" trouble areas or are you going over the whole fender again? I do notice a high spot or two, do you just tap them down and wipe over that area?

Looks like to deleted to much of the quote, the image is the last one the Left Rear Fender...
With smaller areas I like to wipe the complete area, but with a panel this big It will be spot wiped. Just have to take time blocking so the surrounding areas aren't cut into. The highs will be lightly tapped down. Some of the ones you see are minor and will prime out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palf70Step View Post
Don't know how I missed it till now, but this looks like another super interesting build to watch. Nice work so far!!
I miss new threads all of the time. Stay tuned, you might be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAttack View Post
Waaaaaa?

Took the night off to catch lightning bugs and frogs with my girls. So there is no +++'s going on.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote