View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 03:17 AM   #122
BR3W CITY
meowMEOWmeowMEOW

Re: Br3w City's Project omgwtfbbq

meow

Hit up my local upholstery supply place, which as a bonus, has an EXTREMELY attractive girl working at the desk. I picked up some vinyl to match the Procar seats in the truck, for the door cards. I kinda spaced out (not atypical for me....side effect of all the...fumes) and didn't think about the fact that a yard of vinyl is 54" wide; despite the fact that said attractive girl told me so while I was determining my order. Anyway, I ordered way too much, so I'll have to do more crap, but it turned out well, so I was happy. The color is Odessa Black.

Got together the spray adhesive, door panels, cleaner, blow dryer to heat it just incase, and some cutting tools.

Lightly sanded the surface so the adhesive had some tooth to stick to. Then we layed out the panel on the vinyl, and cut our material.

With some spray adhesive on both sides (material and surface) we lay the vinyl out starting at the center.

With the front let settle for a few minutes, we flipped the piece over and started by trimming the extra off the edges, leaving more on the corners so we could V cut them to lay smooth.

A picture of one side finished. ** ALL THE SPOTS ARE ON THE LENS, THE PANEL ITSELF IS CLEAN AND SMOOTH***

MY BUILD THE H8RDCPTR //\\ MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL REV J HD
BR3W CITY is offline   Reply With Quote