View Single Post
Old 10-12-2015, 05:14 PM   #113
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: The Old Mule - 64 BBW

Mule and I had a blast this week at Cruising the Coast. I put on about 450-500 miles. Temps stayed between 180 and 190 (rarely), even with a very small radiator leak. She ran good. I ditched the big homemade piston shift knob. It was too big and heavy that it would make the linkage rattle a lot. I did pick this little billet piston up.

Today I pulled the radiator and took it to a radiator shop. I could not see any leak spots, so getting it tested by them and fixed (I hope).

Since I was there and the temps will be getting cooler, I decide to pull the heater apart and check the heater core. The core itself flushed well in both directions, but was initially very rusty/muddy looking when I flushed it. I think I also figure out why it barely heated up. Looks like someone put in a standard heater core instead of the deluxe model (which should be around 9.5" not 7-ish). So most of the cold air went right past the heater core into the cab. I'll clean everything up while I wait on the new core and seals.

Next step is some more wiring (redo all the grounds) and change the 3.73 rear to a 3.07.

I am also getting the T350 ready in case I get tire of shifting in the near future.
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote