View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #14
THI

Re: Haggerty Insurance turned me down

I know that if you have a supercharger, turbocharger (we are talking aftermarket) or nitrous Hagerty will not insure your vehicle. The will look at a vehicle as either stock or modified - if the engine puts out more HP than the highest rated engine available for the vehicle it will have to be rated as Modified. If the engine is not much more than the highest rated one for that year, they can still rate as stock. I have a 1981 K5 Blazer with a mild 383 they consider stock even though the biggest engine offered that year was a 350.

If you call them back, they will have notes in the system from your previous call so I would not try to "snow" them - just be honest about what you have. I am in the insurance business and I represent Hagerty as well as insure my classics with them. Keep in mind their least experienced folks are the ones answering the phones and my not be totally familiar with what you have. I have had them refuse a vehicle because they thought it had nitrous, I had to go back and get a better photo of the engine so they could see there were not lines to the carb - this was on a mid-1980's Pro-Street Camaro with a very healthy 383, they also covered a mid 1980's C10 short box that was tubed and had a roll cage installed with an extremely healthy 454.

As mentioned above, there is no coverage while on a track! That is for all insurance companies, not just Hagerty.
THI is offline   Reply With Quote