View Single Post
Old 07-07-2017, 12:20 PM   #438
Johns 66

Re: My Daughters First Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dranch View Post
Darrah figured out what she wanted for her rims and I think she did great, she saved up and had to buy 5 sets. proud of her, And she's now a junior in college. majoring in biomedical engineering, and working at the same tome.
David and Darrah.....First to David....I have followed this thread for awhile and today I re-read the entire thread from beginning to end. You are a very good man...not many men today would take the time or have the patience to do what you did to this ole truck but I think you did more for Darrah than you know...She now has lifes lessons learned that are priceless...I do think the title of the thread should have been...My daughters last truck because from the joy I have seen in her eyes I highly doubt that anyone else will ever own this truck. David you did a GREAT job!!!

Ms. Darrah..very impressed that you are getting your degree in biomedical engineering but I am more impressed at the discipline, perseverance and dedication you had to this lil truck. In todays society you do not see many young people who have this drive and willingness to work. There will never be a time when you will not have some memory of things you and your Dad did on this truck...sometimes just sitting in it will flood you with memories.

Chevrolet did a commercial a few years back about an ole truck that was on its last legs and the guy couldn't sell it...just told the man to "Fix It"

A lot of things will come your way in this life, some good, some not so good...just know who Controls all in this life, rest in His Grace, Trust Him and He will direct your paths.

I do not know either of you but am so very proud of you both.....it just does the heart good....

Don't be a stranger here...keep us updated on the travels of the ole truck....Not sure if you are on instagram but I would like to follow you...I feel I know you just from this build...If you do not want to publish you account you can PM me.........till we meet.

John
Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote