View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 01:43 AM   #375
AJCK87

Re: 1963 GMC C30 panel truck

Bit of an update.

I have been reworking the stock side saddle fuel tank for the panel. I want to re-use the Dodge sending unit, filler neck and fuel over fill systems. This means more fab work and custom fitting. I began by welding some 3/8 nuts on the tank mounting straps, to replace the loss nut and bolt configuration, to make the tank easier to bolt in and out. I cut up the plastic Dodge tank, taking out the area where the sending unit mounts and drilled a bunch of holes and installed rivnuts, I will seal in between the the two pieces after I get some POR on the outside of the tank. I reworked and spliced together a filler neck that will fit the stock mounting location, made a plate to bolt up by the fuel door and welded it to the filler neck. Then I could figure the length of overflow hose needed and where the hose will hook up to the tank. Needed to get all the cutting done on the tank before I take it down to a radiator shop to be boiled and resealed. I really wanted to have a tank set up with a larger fuel capacity, I approximate that the stock one holds 66 litres. I want to get the truck rolling and using the tank that I have saves me loads of cash over having a custom one built. I figure I will look into getting a second tank in, but that will be down the road. I will need to shorten the sending unit to make it fit, a few bits here and there to do on tank and it will be done.

More to come,

Anthony
Attached Images

Last edited by AJCK87; 02-21-2018 at 01:52 AM.
AJCK87 is offline   Reply With Quote