View Single Post
Old 05-11-2018, 10:32 AM   #2
SCOTI

Re: Manual air ride valves suggestion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backpayne View Post
I already have 2600 bags on all corners and just using schrader valves. My dual Viair 444c compressors and 5 gallon tank came in (woohoo) but I am struggling with valves. I was looking and electric valves but think I may go with manual valves (prefer not having to worry about any more electrical issues than necessary).

I like the Aire Jax Foreplay but see a lot of the plastic paddle valves. Anyone have recommendations or experience with manual valves? Are 1/4" valves too slow?

Thanks#
Define "too slow"?

Are they slower than 3/8" or 1/2" electric valve actuation? Yep. Do they still raise/lower a vehicle? Yep

My CC dually has budget friendly 1/4" manual paddle valve control. The front drops fast enough for me w/the weight of the all iron BBC over the bags. The rear is definitely slower but I've never needed it to drop instantly.

Both ends will raise up to ride height in seconds as long as the tanks are fully charged. The front will empty the 3gal tank & kick the comp on so it usually takes longer.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote