Thread: Luke's '65
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2018, 10:29 AM   #1
Freaky1

Luke's '65

Hello all, I just picked up a '65 LWB C10 and wanted to get some info. I've built a few other cars over the many years and have found forums to be a great source of information and advice.

This truck is going to be my son's truck when he gets his license. That is going to be in about a year and we've got a few things to address with this truck before then. The biggest and most immediate is the roof. The PO had used this truck for camping and fishing, judging by the maps and papers I found in the glovebox.

I don't know if it was because of the camper or what but the roof has rusted around the drip rails. We've looked into getting a new roof skin and replacing it but there are a few out there. I was hoping someone could offer a recommendation as I've dealt with crappy panels on other vehicles and I'd prefer to avoid that for the rest of my life.

Aside from that the truck seems pretty solid, typical rust in what seems to be the typical areas. We did find the left front fender had been dinged in the front and has been bondo'd. Given the rust at the rear of that fender it will probably just get replaced at some point.

It's got a 230 Straight 6 and since he is a new driver I think that will suit him just fine. Maybe someday we'll look to swapping that out but everything looks great in the engine compartment and we'll fire it up later today for the first time in about...I'm guessing 15 years so fingers crossed.
Attached Images