View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #51
shearjs

Re: Project: '72 Family Hauler

I had a little time to get out in the garage on Sunday. I pulled the rear drums to see how the rear brakes look. No leaks from the wheel cylinders, and the shoes still have some wear, so I think i'll let them ride until I swap over to rear discs. Also took a look at what was going on out back from the previous owner. (Check out that exhaust hanger!!) I have some notches on order from Dead End Garage that should be in within the next couple of weeks. I pulled the old door weather stripping from the 3 doors, and installed some new push on Precision seals. I think I need to go ahead and replace the window seals soon, because the doors are so tight now that I feel like the glass may break when they get slammed shut. I pulled the burb out and made my first lap around the block since replacing everything up front. No funny sounds, and nothing fell off, so I think we're good! I did a quick string alignment to straighten the wheels and steering wheel, then pulled this crappy aftermarket wheel. The 14" diameter felt too small for one of these vehicles. I mounted a 15" repo comfortgrip in it's place. I have to say, I definitely prefer the comfortgrip over the Grant equivalent that was installed on my old truck. The horn connection is giving me a little trouble. I can get the horn to sound by pushing on the contacts, but once the horn button is installed, I can't get any noise. Any recommendations?
Attached Images

shearjs is offline   Reply With Quote