View Single Post
Old 04-19-2014, 06:39 AM   #9
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: wheels rubbing lower control arm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec010974 View Post
I can only speak for myself tx firefighter, this my first bagged vehicle. I'm doing all the mods myself. Threads and information I take with a grain of salt due to the fact that's have no prior experience. I'll attempt to grind more of the control arm, to fully clear the wheels. As it stands now, the inner wheel weight are trashed. It would be nice if we could see some pics of how much to grind or an an example of what's need to clear the inner wheel, so that nothing scrubs. And thanks for the knowledge mr. Tx fire man.
First, if you've ground your wheel weights, consider having the tire shop use stick on weights next time for added clearance.

The way I do it is to put my jackstands under the control arms so the suspension is weighted (rather than hanging) and turn the wheels back and forth while I lay under there to see where it's rubbing and grind a little at a time, checking frequently, until they clear. Ironically, I have better than 10k pictures in my photobucket account of trucks I've built but I can't find one that specifically shows the process.

I suspect Keith has pictures of it though. He and I have discussed this a lot before. I'd imagine he will be along and read this thread some time.