View Single Post
Old 08-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #68
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Junkyard Jimmy Super Low Buck Build Thread

I'm still just chipping away at selling parts from the green one and taking what I need. I got the exhaust manifolds yesterday thanks to Bamm, I also found the HEI distributor with coil and wires (free).

I got the radiator support out tonight, just need to get the fender eyebrows for the grill and I think I'm about done pulling the parts I'm keeping. This week I sold some little tailgate seal holder plates, horn button, sun visors and some other blazer door parts I found. I should clear about $75.00 after shipping. Total payout so far is down to $495.00.

I have a few other things listed on the parts board. If they don't sell soon, off to ebay with them.

I went to the license dept the other day and showed them the bill of sale and asked for the form to get a new title for the black Jimmy. Turns out that the signatures on the bill are nice, but they want the form signed also. So I need to send the form out to the junkyard for him to sign and return. Then I can apply for a new title and pay the state the required pint of blood.

I'm enjoying the teardown, but don't really like the hassle of selling stuff, but it's part of the deal. I'm just looking forward to when that part is done and out of the way so I can work on the black one. I'm constantly day-dreaming while I'm driving the highways (working) about what steps to take to get it running, thinking about the parts yet to find or get rid of, looking over the pastures and cruising through junkyards all over the area looking for the next donar, etc. It has really filled my days this summer and even if the wife was not exactly thrilled with it, she understands and knows what it means to me.

I hope I've been able to help out a few members here by supplying things they could use. I've also contacted a few about finds I've come across that I just don't have the funds or time for right now. I know I appreciate the help I've gotten here.

Anywho, thanks for reading my little summer Jimmy diary.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote